Monday, May 14, 2012

H2H - Polka Dots & Stripes

This week at Heart 2 Heart we're playing with polka dots & stripes.  My first thought was the Dotty For You paper pack - of course!  I took a moment to look at the inspiration projects, and found the inspiration for a Mother's Day card.

This is the specific item I based my creation on: 


I liked the circles on the layout and how the title worked with it.  So I pulled out my 1.25" circle punch and used it to punch out pieces of patterned paper.  Then I had the Cricut crank out a bunch of 1.5" Colonial white circles.

I spent FOREVER laying out the circles to get them to look just the way I wanted them to.  It was a lot trickier than I expected!  Some arrangements just did *not* look right.


To embellish I used a few brads & buttons and a pair of flowers.


I really like the original inspiration layout, and might give that a try sometime, too.  At least I won't have to mess around with the circles again - Close To My Heart has them perfectly arranged and it would be easy enough just to duplicate what they did.

A little dotty, a little stripey...hope you enjoy it!

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! You did a great job with the circles and I just love the little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant job of taking inspiration from a layout and turning it into a card! Love those connecting circles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love how you turned the layout technique into a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice! Love the Dotty for You paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...